Principal & Chief Instructor: John Rush
John has spent the last 30 years in and around boats of all shapes and sizes on the inland waterway system.
Starting from humble beginnings as a novice on a hire boat through part owner ship of a shared narrow boat to full blown live aboard status on his 57ft narrow boat “ Cor Blimey ” since 2002.
During this time John has experienced the highs & lows of behaviour of both crews and boats on the canals and rivers, both non-tidal and tidal, around the UK.
For 10 years John dealt with all types of craft and boaters of all abilities in his role as Boat Sales Manager at Sawley Marina on the River Trent.
In July 2014 John set up the Soar Valley Helmsman Centre and now offers all this information and experience as instructional material for his clients.
- B Sc in Mechanical Engineering at Salford University.
- RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman Course Instructor Certificate
- VHF Radio Course Certificate
- Marina Operatives course certificate
- Emergency First Aid at work certificate
- Brokers course
- BWML Customer service award
- Cycling proficiency certificate !!
To discuss course suitability and availability either ring 07474 777856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org